Old October 2nd 07, 07:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Kenneth Grimm, K4XL Kenneth Grimm, K4XL is offline

Default Ground rod lengths vs number

On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 10:21:42 -0700, Richard Clark
wrote:

Oddly enough, you could as easily lay the rods out in a shallow trench
(say, a foot deep) and get the same grounding, if not better.

followed by comments from Mike and Cecil suggesting driving the rods
at an angle.

Thanks to all of you for encouraging me to think outside the box! Now
all I have to do is find a sledge with a 30 degree adjustment on it.
Actually, most of the nails I've driven have gone in at about that
angle, so I shouldn't have any trouble at all. 8*)

Thanks again. 73,

Ken K4XL

*** BoatAnchor Manual Archive ***
On the web at
http://bama.sbc.edu and http://bama.edebris.com
FTP site info: bama.sbc.edu login: anonymous p/w: youremailadr