Old October 3rd 07, 03:21 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Craig[_3_] Craig[_3_] is offline

Default Yaesu FT-212 S meter question

I recently bought a used Yaesu FT-212RH, in very good condition,
everything seems to work fine.
Though the S-meter is a somewhat odd or very, very stingy.

When talking to people simplex, the s-meter (bars) either dont show
any signal strength at all or very little, even when the simplex
station is strong. When listening to repeaters the s-meter bar lights
show up in varying signal strengths, so I know the S-meter does work.

Does someone have a service manual or know how to adjust this S-
meter.

Thank You