Old October 3rd 07, 11:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ian Jackson Ian Jackson is offline

Default RF Calculator

In message , Richard Clark
writes
On Tue, 2 Oct 2007 16:51:40 -0700, "The Shadow"
wrote:

My machine won't let me access this file.
"Norton Internet Worm Protection has detected an intrusion attempt".
--
Ian

Hmm can't imagine. It works fine here -- I use CA Anti-Virus.

Hi All,

I ran ClamWin against it, says its fine when compared with 157642
known virii. Anyone with a report to the contrary, and a name to go
with the infection can chime in anytime (who knows when the next Ebola
will arrive, Norton will certainly be able to perform an autopsy after
the fact).

Norton slowed my computer to a crawl and gave goofy messages like yours, so
I quit Norton several years ago.

Amen. ClamWin can be configured to check incoming email, but
otherwise is passive until you tell it what to check - a file, a
folder, a disk - for free. It even updates itself - quickly.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

All comments noted. I'll investigate why NAV is rejecting this file.
--
Ian