Old October 4th 07, 03:47 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
tom k in L.A. tom k in L.A. is offline

Default Tonight's Shortwave Schedule American Stations

On Oct 3, 4:17 pm, "Dr. Artaud" wrote:
Steve wrote groups.com:

Utilities are more interesting anyway.
Does it seem to you than the endless Christian content of American
Stations is likely prematurely putting the death knell to American
Broadcasts. Sure, if they are Christian Stations, they can program
what they wish. But fire breathing preachers teaching damnation for
anyone that commits the slightest sin (and all Catholics), this can't
be good for Shortwave.

Nevertheless, too much Christian is sure to be the doom for American
Shortwave Broadcasters. As a nation we pontificate enough as it is. The
irony of the Prime Directive on Star Trek. Never interfere. Odd wasn't
it that virtually every planet they went to, they changed the populace
to suit the needs of the Federation.

Did someone realize even back then that this would be played out in
later years by our country and it's fickle Regime Changes. And the
remaining Shortwave Shows, they are given prime times and good
frequencies if they disparage Muslims. Look at the "Right Perspective",
this is real fare for a Christian Station. The ex-cohorts of Hal Turner.
This is, without a doubt, the most ironic show that I have heard on
Christian stations.

The odd thing about the Christians is that they hate each other as much
as they hate the Muslims. If you don't adhere to the exact belief system
that they (the Christians) have, you are going to be damned. Sounds like
the Star Trek stuff, no tolerance for other cultures that don't adhere
to the Federation beliefs.

So we have Religious Broadcasters running interference for Israel by
putting the political shows with views not favorable to Israel on
obscure stations that broadcast to the north pole. Essentially that is
what happened to Stadtmiller's shows. I have the broadcast pattern for
12.180 and 5.050. Due North.

After listening for years to the Alex Jones show and the Power Hour, as
they have increasingly been critical of Israel, they somehow magically
no longer have sufficient signal strength to be heard at my locale. Odd.
Problem is that almost all of the political shows are now critical of
Israel. (except the vomitus bubbly Christian shows where the hosts speak
like Ned Flanders and his wife, any casualties of U.S. Citizens to
promote the interests of Israel are fine in their book).

So here we sit, Political shows gone, (except for Monday and Wednesday,
Pat Kiley is on tonight at 0000 UTC). repeated religious shows and shows
with dead hosts abound. Great work broadcasters. You're destroying
Shortwave much faster than it should have occurred.

Dr. Artaud

the american shortwave scene is pathetic and an embarrassment.
definitely doesn't put the US best foot forward.