Old October 5th 07, 02:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] r2000swler@hotmail.com is offline

Default Oops ! - It Happen on eBay Again - Oh No I Paid Too Much !

On Oct 4, 10:45 pm, RHF wrote:
Oops ! - It Happen on eBay Again - Oh No I Paid Too Much !

RL Drake R8B Ham and Shortwave Receiver NEW IN BOX

Note the Seller Claimed - From an estate, this item was
purchased brand new by the deceased, and never opened.

Bidders :12

Total Bids : 28

Date : Oct-04-07

Closing-Final Price : US $1,725.00

eBay Item # 170153827646

just for the fum of it ~ RHF
.

It could be true...unlikely but possible.

I was given a Kenwood R2000, with the VHF adapter, by a retiring
coworker.

Her dad ordered it back in ?1983? and died of a massive coronary
before it arrived.
Her mom just put it in the basement and forgot about it. Her mom died
and she and
her sisters were cleaning up and found a box from Universal Radio. She
knows I
am "into", mild understatement if ever there was one, radios. I pulled
off the shipping
invoice and tried to explain that they could sell it on Ebay, but she
disagreed saying
that she wanted me to keep it because she knew I would take care of it
and use it.

The Lithium back cell was dead, so I jumpered in a "AAA" just to get
it running. I
expected some minor issues due to electrolytic capacitors "unforming"
after 24
years. but it fired right up and works great.

I was also given a new in the box HT-202 2M HT several years ago after
another
coworkers dad died right after passing his Tech and buying the HT.

So such things do happen, but not often.

And no I am not putting up on Ebay.

You simply can't have too many R2000s!

Terry