Old September 19th 04, 01:18 AM
Bob Haberkost

"Ed" wrote in message

Rev. Robert P. Chrysafis
Universal Life Ministries [ULC]

88.3 FM Stereo 1000 AM Stereo
100,000 MicroWatts of Community Power!!

Are you really only runing 1/10th watt? I don't think that
qualifies as "Pirate Radio".

That, or that's all he'll admit to in public. "What? My transmitter was set to 1kW?
It wasn't supposed to be, although that explains why my electric bill has been so
high!"

(No aspersions or accusations intended to Rev Chrysafis...for all I know, he's okay.
But I'd bet that's been a frequent defence for those with less than honourable
intentions.....while the transmitter room has dud 4CX5000s sitting around. Not that
ignorance of radiated power output is a workable defence when it's apparent that
measures were taken to maximise that output, for the sake of a workable coverage
area.)