Old October 6th 07, 03:44 PM posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Andre Jute Andre Jute is offline

Default Already the thief Bret Ludwig falls back on his mantra

On Oct 5, 7:34 pm, Bret Ludwig wrote:
You are quite a character! You claim the book is owned by Newnes yet
you claim it was stolen from YOU. Your "facts" just do not add up.

If it was indeed copyright the owner would have removed it by now ( if
they even cared).

Very precisely.

This is the same old story twice: "We stole it so often, it is now
ours."

Then the thief Bret Ludwig, who has never seen the inside of a
publisher and never will, sets himself up as an "expert" on publishing
house practice, starting with a paranoid daydream absolutely typical
of his fascist mentality:

Companies like Newnes guard their property very well. They have full
time infringement monitoring and attorneys on retainer in every
country in the world worth bothering with. Anyone doubting that need
only put up a scanned book that IS copyright and they will find out.

Actually, small publishing houses, and large ones, have rather small
staffs fully occupied with editing and selling books. Copyright
infringement in a civilized society is so rare, and the sort of
concerted theft that the thief Bret Ludwig pimps for so very rare,
that nobody pays much attention to copyright theft, not even the
rights manager, whose function is to license rights to other
territories, for translation, and for other media, not in the first
instance to enforce copyright compliance.

The book is a work for hire from a company

That's a lie. It has been explained again and again that this is an
Australian book and that Australian books created by employees are
protected *everywhere in the world* for the life of the author plus 70
full years.

that no longer exists in
any tangible form.

This is an implied lie: Bratzi tries to claim the property dies with
the property owner. Actually, the copyright survives to to the full
term and may be, and in this case was, transferred to a new owner:
cReed Educational and Professional Publishing Ltd 1997

Like most of the classic RCA and GE tube manuals
and educational materials published before about 1962-64 the copyright
was not renewed at the time and because of US law and laws elsewhere
is effectively out of copyright.

This is a whole bunch of lies and ignorant statements compounded. For
a start, we're not talking about the US, we're talking about the
thieves Gregg, Tim Williams and Choky Prodanovic who stole in Canada
the RDH4, and claim the protection of Canadian law (which they
deliberately lie about) for their theft. I'll get to the USA thefts
later if their posters don't in the meanwhile take them down.

Andre's opinions not withstanding are
irrelevant.

This is a double negative from a semi-literate solder sniffer trying
to sound sophisticated. What do you mean to say, Bratzi?

Surely, since I am the only one here who actually knows anything about
copyright, courtesy of having earned my living by copyright for half a
century, my knowledge and opinions are the most relevant?

The fact that the book was reprinted is irrelevant. In fact, I
suspect Newnes never would have bothered reprinting it if it were
subject to copyright.

Holy Moses! And this scumball Bret Ludwig holds himself up as a
copyright expert! Yo, moron, Newnes reprinted exactly *because* they
owned the copyright:
cReed Educational and Professional Publishing Ltd 1997

It is very difficult for third parties to
license old books in most cases because tracking down everyone is a
hassle

For you, the thief Bret Ludwig, of course it is impossible, because
you don't know who to approach and how to approach them. Newnes and
other publishers do this every day for a living. For them it is no
bother at all.

But, in any event "license" in your mouth is a lie. You're not on
about licensing copyright for payment, you're just a thief and a pimp
for thieves, in this case the thieves Gregg, Tim Williams and Choky
Prodanovic, and their mirrors.

and because most publishing houses in New York refuse to talk
to anyone without a lot of money-they just can't be bothered.

Yet another lie. Most copyright licensing deals are for a few thousand
dollars. Many, many translation rights, especially in novels are
licensed for a few hundred dollars. Bret Ludwig doesn't know what he
is talking about. It is all of a piece with his paranoid misconception
of the world: little Bret against the monster publishing houses. I've
worked with all the largest publishing houses in the world, and many
of the smaller ones, and they're just people like everyone else.

Andre(w) is a liar, a mountebank, and a ****head. It's likely he
molests koala bears and craps in his neighbors' hydrangea bushes as
well, but this as yet unproven.

These are more lies. But what does one expect from Bret Ludwig, who
steals from the living and the dead and brags about it?

Andre Jute
You can find out how I know so much about copyright by visiting my
books at
http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/