Old October 8th 07, 04:51 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,sci.physics,sci.energy,sci.physics.electromag
Sal M. Onella Sal M. Onella is offline

Default Receiving 2 GHz AM signals in space. What do they sound like?

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message newsmaOi.7081

snip

Most of my information comes from, "The History of
Modern Science". In any case, "empty" space within
the universe does have some sort of quantum structure
and EM waves indeed do require that quantum medium.
That's why light cannot escape the universe.

You have some mind-bending implications the

Such a quantum structure would not be coupled to the presence of matter. It
would exist without mass.

The universe has discrete boundaries.

If EM waves reaching the boundary really do not escape and are not reflected
(???) then the boundary is absorbing them and has a theoretical impedance
of 377 ohms (same as what we innocently calculate for 'free space').