Old October 8th 07, 01:22 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default HandHeld 2M/70cms for use in USA / UK

wrote in message
ups.com...
All

If i were to purchase a hand held 2m / 70cms transceiver would it have
the same transmit coverage as those i can buy in the UK?

Many thanks

Andy
M3ZLN

Probably not with out some modifications. The USA bands are usually wider
than other countries. Many rigs will have a jumper or two that can be cut
or added to change the frequency coverage , especially the transmittter.

I don't know if it is permitted in other countries, but in the USA we can
cut the wires so it will cover more than we are licened to transmitt on.
Just can not transmitt there. Other countries may be differant.