Old October 8th 07, 05:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,sci.physics,sci.energy,sci.physics.electromag
oriel36 oriel36 is offline

Default Receiving 2 GHz AM signals in space. What do they sound like?

On Oct 8, 4:46 pm, Cecil Moore wrote:
Sal M. Onella wrote:
Such a quantum structure would not be coupled to the presence of matter. It
would exist without mass.

It could be the dark energy thought to make up ~65%
of the universe and be responsible for the universal
expansion of "empty" space.

The universe has discrete boundaries.

The volume of the universe could be *unbounded* and
finite, as is the surface area of the earth.

If EM waves reaching the boundary really do not escape and are not reflected
(???) then the boundary is absorbing them and has a theoretical impedance
of 377 ohms (same as what we innocently calculate for 'free space').

One can travel forever on the finite surface of the
earth without ever reaching a boundary. Without changing
direction on the two-dimensional surface of a sphere, one
simply arrives back at one's starting point. (The East
Indies can be reached by going the opposite direction.)

One can probably travel forever within the volume of a
finite universe without ever reaching a boundary. One
might even arrive back at one's starting point while
traveling only in a "straight line".
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com

I once thought that anyone believing the idea that the lament of light
leaving a star going to waste,hence 'warped space',was justing kidding
and did not really believe it but I have been proven wrong on that
count ,you people are quite serious about that insanity -

"This conception is in itself not very satisfactory. It is still less
satisfactory because it leads to the result that the light emitted by
the stars and also individual stars of the stellar system are
perpetually passing out into infinite space, never to return, and
without ever again coming into interaction with other objects of
nature. Such a finite material universe would be destined to become
gradually but systematically impoverished." Albert

http://www.bartleby.com/173/30.html

Again,I would fill you in with the details of how relativity protects
Newton but you appear content with to believe you can set out and
arrive back at the same place and indeed you can if you are an
astrologer and liv in a 'warped space' predictive zodiacal framework
-

http://www.opencourse.info/astronomy...phere_anim.gif

Thanks for reminding me who I am dealing with and good luck to you.