Old October 9th 07, 12:03 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Deek Deek is offline

Default GPS gurus please read

The Garmin NUVI 350 has a thorough street mapping system, voice prompts, and a
mode where I am looking at my QTH right now as N43D 07'10.1" and W071D 26'58.8"

It sounds like it could meet your needs. It is pricey though.

Kenneth Grimm, K4XL wrote:

I'm in the market for a GPS gadget, but I can't seem to find one that
does everything that I want. The new whizbang "turn left in 100
ft....50 ft....turn now" kind don't seem to have a Latitude and
Longitude readout for exact positioning. What I know about APRS
would fill a book, but for the time being I'm mainly interested in
getting directions through some large cities and also being able to
report my exact position for HFTA antenna system purposes. Does such
a gadget exist? Thanks for any leads.

Ken K4XL

*** BoatAnchor Manual Archive ***
On the web at
http://bama.sbc.edu and http://bama.edebris.com
FTP site info: bama.sbc.edu login: anonymous p/w: youremailadr