Old October 9th 07, 03:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Michael Coslo Michael Coslo is offline

Default RFI Question for HF mobile

In my HF mobile setup - a legal limit sized Bugcatcher on a 04 Suzuki
Vitara - I have some significant RFI coming from my ECM module. Starts
as soon as the ignition key is turned on - the engine doesn't need to be
running.

I've gone through the usual things for mobile installation, like bonding
the doors, exhaust system, frame, radiator and hood. Nothing on the fuel
pump, as I 'd have to remove the tank to get at it. Only makes a small
thwip upon starting, so isn't a big problem.

The ECM was verified by a small radio held at various places on the vehicle.

Any ideas? I did put some ferrites on the ECM wires. It helped some.

- 73 de Mike KB3EIA -