Old October 9th 07, 01:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce dxAce is offline

Default CFRX on 6070khz

wrote:

On Oct 9, 4:11 am, RHF wrote:
On Oct 8, 8:04 pm, Nobody wrote:

On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 18:43:10 -0700, RHF
wrote:

On Oct 8, 4:04 pm, wrote:

- Does anyone know what's happening with CFRX on 6070?

Protow 2,

Check with the CFRX 6070 kHz Radio Listener's Group
http://ca.groups.yahoo.com/group/CFRX/
The group is intended for those who listen to CFRX (6.070 MHz
in the 49 meter band). CFRX re-broadcasts all the programming
of CFRB 1010 KHz. We can share comments about reception
or programming.

CFRB, or "Newstalk 1010" as it is often referred to, is an
CFRB =http://www.cfrb.com/
AM Radio Station in Toronto, Canada, broadcasting on
1010 kHz, with a Shortwave Radio simulcast by CFRX
on 6070 kHz. =http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CFRB

OWNED -by- Standard Broadcasting Corporation Ltd.
is a Canadian Radio Broadcasting Company.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_Broadcasting

CFRB/CFRX - Radio Reception Reports
http://www.odxa.on.ca/cfrb/reports.html
-via- Ontario DX Association (ODXA)
ODXA =http://www.odxa.on.ca/

ODXA - Ontario DX Association Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/odxa/
An Ontario-based Radio Listener's Club made up of
Shortwave Radio Listeners (SWL) , Amateur Radio Operators,
Scanning Enthusiasts, AM / FM / TV "DX" Enthusiasts
and pretty much anything to do with Radio Communications.
- - - This includes Broadcast Radio Listeners (BCL)

hope this helps - iane ~ RHF
.

Probably not.

As usual, RHF buries us in unnecessary lnked detail that few will ever
pursue.

Weren't there posts several months ago that 'RX was off air?

Like, per a post by dxAce on Feb 7, 2007... and Doug Smith W9WI
June 17, 2007?- Hide quoted text -

Mister NoBody {Your Are Really A SomeBody },

I write for the newbie-beginner and the few who just 'might' be
Interested in knowing more... -and- clearly you are neither.

AND FOR MYSELF - FOR EACH POST IS A VOYAGE OF DISCOVERY
OF WHAT IS OUT-THERE BEYOND MY OWN PERSONAL KNOWLEDGE
-AND- A CHANCE TO SHARE IT WITH OTHERS - WHO MAY CARE TO
KNOW TOO . . .

please feel free to ignore me - i often do ;-) ~ RHF

Thanks for the replys.

I knew CFRX was off air for quite a while, just wanted to hear from
the active crowd.

I did break down yesterday and went to www.(yourstationhere) so I got
a fix anyway.

My radios include a Lowe HF150, Icom R75, Magnavox D2999, Grundig
YB400.
I also have a Icom R2 which is kinda fun on 49m. SW from a shirt
pocket and duck antenna.

Thank again
WDX0FXH- Anyone remember these?

Probably just as much as someone might remember WPE8JSS.