Old November 4th 03, 08:18 PM
Jim Kelley

Roy Lewallen wrote:

Read again the fourth sentence of the posting you quoted.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Jim Kelley wrote:

Roy Lewallen wrote:

If that
two-terminal box contains an inductor, then the current out has to equal
the current in -- that's the only way the sum of currents at the two
terminals can sum to zero.

What if you draw a two terminal black box around the middle few feet of
a 1/4 wave vertical? What makes the current become the same at both
ends?

73, Jim AC6XG

Okay. I read it. I'll try asking the question another way.

What if you draw a two terminal black box around the middle few feet of
a 1/4 wave vertical? What makes the sum of the currents at both ends
become equal to zero?

73, Jim AC6XG