Old October 10th 07, 05:00 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Steveo Steveo is offline

Default 75%

"Yo Mamma" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
Steveo wrote:
"Yo Mamma" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
Or more of the people that post in rrcb don't have the radio to
operate 11 meters.

--
http://NewsReader.Com/

begin 666 Picture.jpg
[74810 bytes]
end

Sweet, I like those 746'.

Yo, which desk mic do you like on that rig?

I've had really good reports on the IC-SM6. Kinda small and the bottom of
the Icom desk line, but it seems to work well with the impedance. I tried
Astatic, Shure, and a no-name, but short of going with Heil, or the more
expensive Icoms, it does very well.

begin 666 sm6.bmp
[33354 bytes]
end

Rodgo. Icom is different than most HF radios in that the transmitter feeds
the mic. I have an old SM-5 that seems to work ok for me. I was wondering
if the upgrade to th sm-8 or sm-20 would be worth the $100-150 extra?

I talk to a local guy that did the conversion to the d-104 with an icom and
his audio is good too. Strange bird for microphones.