Old October 10th 07, 02:54 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Smokey[_2_] Smokey[_2_] is offline

Default "Quality v. Quantity"

Very well stated!

When I was a kid we had 3 TV stations to watch and there was always
something on that we enjoyed. Now we have cable and satellite boasting
eighty channels and we spin the remote control like a roulette wheel before
just turning the damn thing off.

I think that is what radio is experiencing.

And sorry, digital fans, your digital audio sucks.

"When radio listeners ask for quality programming, the decision makers
hear quantity programming; hence, HD Radio and its smorgasbord of
insipid formats. When listeners, weary of pitiable audio processing
and pitch escalation on their terrestrial stations, ask for quality
audio - they hear quantity audio and they struggle to cram in more HD
side channels of auditory mediocrity."

http://gormanmediablog.blogspot.com/...-quantity.html

HD Radio is a virtual sewer of formats.