Old October 10th 07, 08:52 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,sci.physics,sci.energy,sci.physics.electromag
oriel36[_2_] oriel36[_2_] is offline

Default Receiving 2 GHz AM signals in space. What do they sound like?

On Oct 10, 8:06 pm, Cecil Moore wrote:
oriel36 wrote:
To borrow from Galileo again -

Think we have learned anything since Galileo?
Have you ever read, "Flatland"?

I have read that wonderful sci-fi novel from the 19th century -

"'Scientific people,' proceeded the Time Traveller, after the pause
required for the proper assimilation of this, 'know very well that
Time is only a kind of Space. "

http://www.bartleby.com/1000/1.html

So,you believe in a 1905 relativistic concept whoes conclusions match
those which could be found in any sci-fi bookshelf in 1898 !.I suppose
you cannot make the correlation between the dates of 1898 and 1905 but
then again,no person should need to.

So Cecil,go enjoy the epilogue of Well's fictional 'Time Machine'
novel,close the book and don't go believing in the flatlanders of
Albert except as an uproarious formal extension of the narrative -

http://www.bartleby.com/173/31.html

Maybe you would like to base geology on Verne's 'Journey To The
Center Of The Earth' but I think you at least know by now where I
stand and I leave you to your own devices.

Look,I have no axe to grind and if you wish to believe the cobblers of
the last century ...

I said in my last posting that I don't accept any
of the popular theories. IMO, every theory of the
universe that I have ever read is wrong in certain
areas. I know why an ever-expanding universe collapses
on itself in the long run. I am not aware of any popular
theory that explains that (apparent) contradiction.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com