Old October 12th 07, 02:04 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
art art is offline

Default New antenna

On 11 Oct, 13:47, JIMMIE wrote:
John Smith wrote:
Jimmie D wrote:

Hi Gene, From the data posted by Vincent I dont think he is trying to be a
fraud. Maybe he is just unaware that the data he is discovering about short
antennas is about 70 or 80 years old. That would be giving him the benifit
of the doubt.

Jimmie

Post that 70-80 year old EZNEC mockup you are familiar with and we'll
check it out ...

JS

I dont have EZNEC, But I will trust you if you care to model a 1/4wl
monopole and compare it to an 1/8wl monople operating against a
perfect counterpoise. Fine enginneer that Art is he should have no
trouble in calculating field intensity at a receiving antenna 1 mile
away. I have total respect for the integrity of your work as long as
you show your math.

Jimmie- Hide quoted text -

Jimmy,
I don't have eznec either but I can still experiment the old fashioned
way.
As for a recieve antenna by next experiment gyrates in that direction.
Having proved that the inductance and capacitance of a radiator are
acting as energy sinks
that explode when the terminal are closed I am now going to place a
gaussian antenna between
two 8 by 4 sheets of aluminium sheeting which I purchased.I want to
act as a capacitor from which
my antenna will draw energy from to provide a larger aparture for my
antenna for receiving.
Question remains as to how the circuit for the large capacitor turns
out and what amount
of energy it will absorb that I can steal from it to aid my Gaussian
antenna.I suppose
I could resonate the capacitor at the same frequency that I want to
receive!!!!!
It can all be a failure but it will be one less to make in the future.
Art