Old October 12th 07, 02:58 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default New antenna

On Oct 11, 6:45 pm, John Smith wrote:
JIMMIE wrote:

I dont have EZNEC, But I will trust you if you care to model a 1/4wl
monopole and compare it to an 1/8wl monople operating against a
perfect counterpoise. Fine enginneer that Art is he should have no
trouble in calculating field intensity at a receiving antenna 1 mile
away. I have total respect for the integrity of your work as long as
you show your math.

Jimmie

No.

We are talking about a small antenna ~25% of full 1/4 wave length which
performs as well or outperforms its full length 1/4 wave version.

We are talking about a 1/2 wave antenna which is only 20-30% the length
of its full length 1/2 wave version which performs as well or even out
performs its' full 1/2 wave length ...

Show me an EZNEC model of what the Navy tested for Mr. Vincent--indeed,
show me where anyone before Mr. Vincent was able to demonstrate a
working model capable of the above characteristics?

JS

http://www.fi.uba.ar/materias/6654/d...FMFAntenna.pdf

Probably more than you ever wanted to know about short antennas.

Jimmie