Old October 12th 07, 07:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default New state of matter discovered! was RFI Question for HF mobile

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 12:57:53 -0400, Michael Coslo
wrote:

While my query regarding a reasonably on-topic
mobile antenna and RFI problem didn't get a reply until I added an off
topic addition to the subject line.

Hey, I know. Just 'cuz I post it doesn't mean anyone has to answer.

Hi Mike,

A plea for mercy if ever there was one (especially when antenna ghouls
are feasting on the corpse of an old announcement of a "new antenna").
I didn't respond the first time because you clouded the topic with the
introduction of the fuel pump "thwipping" which to me sounded like you
were complaining of an admittedly minor issue.

So, to return to the first part of your post: I will bet your rig's
power or ground is sharing the same fuse/line/ground as the ECM and
noise is being conducted into your rig.

Take the power lead for your rig all the way back to the battery post.
DC ground the rig to the chassis/block connection of the battery.

Adding ferrites to the ECM leads may kill or distort impulse signals
the ECM needs to properly run things.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC