Old October 12th 07, 07:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David Eduardo[_4_] David Eduardo[_4_] is offline

Default AM news/talk/sports is alive-and-well, you piece-of-crap!

"SFTV_troy" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Oct 11, 11:32 pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:

If AM stations slowly die out, I assume the AM band would get
reassigned to some other purpose. The 1.7 megahertz wide channel
would be perfect for a single DAB multiplex carrying ~10 separate
channels.

First, we are talking a decade or so... while AM is nearly dead for those
under 45 or 50, there is still listening in the senior generation. Add to
that the ethnic, religious and brokered operations and there are plenty of
AMs that make some money... they just don't compete for listenership. As
long as the mail order ministries exist, AM will exist also.