Old October 13th 07, 08:57 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dave[_3_] Dave[_3_] is offline

Default Antenna book

JIMMIE wrote:
My wife picked up a book at a yard sale today for $1. Handbook of
Antenna Design by Rudge. I havnt had a chance to check it out yet, is
this a good book.

Jimmie

I don't know the book, but there is a two volume set (one orange, one
blue) by Rudge, Milne, Olver and Knight. Those are professional level
antenna books. I suspect it is the same Rudge.

If yours is similar, I would think it is a steal at $1. Professional
level antenna books can be very expensive.

My background is quite close to their target audance - I did an MSc
degree in "Microwaves and Optoelectronics", and one of the options I
took during that MSc was "Antennas and Radar".

Yet I'm the first to admit, I find the theory in these sort of books
very hard at times. (I think having a maths degree might help, which I
do not have).

G8WRB