Old October 13th 07, 12:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Barry in Wyoming Barry in Wyoming is offline

Default VHF/UHF handheld transceiver recommendation

My wife and I each own Kenwood F6A handhelds. I really like it even
for FM satellite use. Lots of memories. More compact that my Kenwood
D7A (although the D7A offers full duplex for satellite work and the
F6A does not).

One warning about the F6A. You can run it on alkalines, but the
Kenwood alkaline battery pack only permits low power transmit. I love
this radio, though.