Old October 14th 07, 03:40 AM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,sci.electronics.components
gb[_2_] gb[_2_] is offline

Default Color-matching knobs, banana jacks, wire etc.

"Jim Mueller" wrote in message
AES, http://www.tubesandmore.com/, has knobs in 8 colors. Click on
"Knobs" in the left hand column. In the next screen click on "Chicken
Head".

I've never seen test lead wire in more than 4 colors. If you can use
ordinary wire, colors shouldn't be a problem.

I have seen test wire in more than 4 colors. It is actually in the Belden
catalog I have -- BUT the minimum order (in feet/spool) for any color other
than red or black is high (at least 1000 feet, as I remember)

It does look cool when properly set-up. Old EF Johnson and HH Smith banana
jacks did have several colors. Needs any in blue? I have several panel
mount banana jacks in that color.

gb