Old October 14th 07, 08:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon Telamon is offline

Default KFI transmitter problems

In article ,
dxAce wrote:

Telamon wrote:

In article
,
Telamon wrote:

In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message

om..
.
I noticed yesterday afternoon their transmitter went off and on again
few times. Today as I write this they are breaking up every few
minutes
it seems. Transmitter power seems to be going up and down when that
happens.

Could they be in the process of the temporary move to the Montecito
(Heights) location they need to make in preparation for the rebuild of
the
larger tower?

I don't know. I tried there phone numbers but I can't get through as it
is always busy. It appears the transmit power just took a permanent
drop. They are normally -60 to -65 dB and now its at -80. The audio
breakup seems to have stopped but now there is a continuous hiss in the
background.

Replying to my own post, I noticed they turned off their IBOC signal.

Well, that's certainly a plus!

It's a small blessing.

--
Telamon