Old October 15th 07, 01:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
[email protected] peter@g3pho.org.uk is offline

Default Nortex Electronics

On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 14:09:20 -0400, iam acat wrote:

Nortex Electronics
In Memory of Lewis E. Cearly Jr., Proprietor
Lewis Cearley, 84, passed away Friday, Oct. 5, 2007, at a local
hospital. Funeral: 1:30 p.m. Tuesday in Greenwood Chapel. Interment:
Greenwood Memorial Park.

I'm very sorry to read this sad news.I had the pleasure of meeting
Lewis a few years ago when I came over to Dallas, with some other
Brits, for the Microwave Update convention. Kent Britain, WA5VJB,
drove a few of us around the area all day, calling in at various
surplus stores, one of them being Nortex. I was really amazed at the
stuff Lewis had there! There's nothing like it over here in the UK.

At that time Lewis told me he was considerng selling the business but
I guess he didn't after all.

If anyone over there in in contact with his family please pass along
our sincere condolences, not only from myself but from the other Gs
who met him that day... ie G6GXK, G3PYB, G4DDK, G8UBN and myself,
G3PHO

73 from Peter, G3PHO