Old October 15th 07, 06:22 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,sci.electronics.components
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Color-matching knobs, banana jacks, wire etc.

In article ,
wrote:
"Tim Shoppa" wrote in message
oups.com...
Actually, ten colors available! 0-9 is ten, not nine. Sometimes I fall
into FORTRAN mode too so I won't blame you for being off by one :-).

I don't know if the Pomona parts are 100% identical, but I just
ordered a few sets from Digikey sold under the "Emerson/Johnson" name.
I'm guessing they're all made in China by the same company:

http://dkc3.digikey.com/PDF/T073/P0372.pdf

With wonderful toys like this available, made in China, the lead content
should be checked!
Please, please do not put them in your mouth.

I suspect the lead content on them is much lower than it should be. The
Chinese are not exactly big into making quality phosphor bronze and most
of these sorts of parts coming from China tend to be made from cheap and
gummy cartridge brass. That's okay for the socket, not so good for the plug.
--scott