Old October 16th 07, 12:07 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Roy Lewallen Roy Lewallen is offline

Default Shunt loads on T-lines in EZNEC

wrote:

As for modeling the Shunt Capacitor, I have never done it, but you
might try a stub to simulate the Xc. Don't have time at the moment,
or I would give it a try.

With EZNEC v. 4.0 and earlier, the only way to model a shunt load other
than a short stub was to make a small triangular or square loop and put
the load on one leg and the parallel object on another leg. If the loop
is too small, NEC will have trouble with it; if too large, its reactance
will affect the result. Sometimes there's no suitable size.

Which is why I added the new parallel connected load feature to EZNEC v.
5.0. In that version, it's simple. The rightmost column in the Loads
menu grid is "Ext Conn". Enter "P" or "Par" in that column, and the load
will be connected in parallel with any other object on the same segment.
See "Load, Parallel Connected" in the EZNEC v. 5.0 manual for more
information.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL