Old October 17th 07, 01:27 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Tam/WB2TT Tam/WB2TT is offline

Default Question on dipole SWR problem

"Ed G" wrote in message
.89...

Ed,

The way in which you dealt with the transition from the open wire
feedline to the SGC237 unbalanced tuner is relevant. As is whether or
not you bonded the tuner 'ground' terminal to the roof.

Your description is short on relevant detail.

Owen

SG237 tuner is not "bonded" to the roof ground, SGC does not suggest
doing such a thing, and in this case, it would not be possible anyway
since the "ground" side of the tuner is also one side of the balanced
antenna feedpoint. The SG237 is feeding about 14' of 600 ohm open
ladder line, spaced about 1 foot off the aluminum mast, up to the
feedpoint of the antenna, a 75M dipole ( 61' per leg). The tuner is
sitting in a plastic box, about 1 foot off the roof.

Ed

If I had a huge metal roof like that, I would be tempted to try one of the
shortened verticals. The kind that requires radials - which would be your
roof.

You are running coax from the tuner to the shack, right; with just the 14
feet of ladder line?

Tam/WB2TT