Old October 17th 07, 06:40 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Ross Archer Ross Archer is offline

Default VHF/UHF handheld transceiver recommendation

On Oct 13, 8:03 am, Bart Bailey wrote:
In ups.com
posted on Sat, 13 Oct 2007 04:40:43 -0700, Barry in Wyoming wrote: Begin

My wife and I each own Kenwood F6A handhelds. I really like it even
for FM satellite use. Lots of memories. More compact that my Kenwood
D7A (although the D7A offers full duplex for satellite work and the
F6A does not).

I was initially going to recommend an F6 as it's my favorite too,
but someone posted a list of reviews which would probably be better than
my single party comments.
I also have the D7 to use with SkyCommand on the TS-2000,
but the F6 is by far a better unit if you could have only one.

It's hard to go wrong with Kenwood (I have a V7A that's outlasted two
cars , and the F6A has 220 Mhz too. And if memory serves, it's a
smaller radio than the FT-60.