Old October 17th 07, 11:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Help identify 3 ele beam

"Tam/WB2TT" wrote in message

"Henry Rogers" wrote in message
I bought a 3 element trap yagi antenna that was disassembled. I was told
it was a Hy-Gain model. After laying out the parts I can see that it
doesn't look like a Hy-Gain model because of the following:

1. It uses large diameter, single traps. These are identified with color
coded lables (red, green and blue - radiator, director, etc.)

This is exactly like my old Mosley TA33Jr. Not at all like the HyGain TH3.
Ditto for #2. On my TH33Jr, the elements were mounted via aluminum
blocks with little U bolts. If it is Mosley, the length of the boom will
be a giveaway as to which model. I would try to download some manuals from
the Mosley web site; it might be mosleyelec.com.

Unless Mosley has changed their policy they do not have any manuals on their
web site. A local ham tried to get some emailed from them and they would
not do it, but would sell him the manuals.