Old October 18th 07, 02:47 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ed G Ed G is offline

Default Question on dipole SWR problem

Not sure what SGC recommends regarding balanced antennas.... will
review their info. However, I have read numerous reports from hams
who have used SGC and other similar tuners to feed balanced lines.
The only important condition was to use a choke balun to keep RF from
coming back down the coax shield.

My SG-230 manual says NOT to connect any transmission
line to the tuner output - to connect only an antenna.

SGC manual for the SG-237 says it is recommended to mount the coupler at
the antenna feedpoint, but it will work on anything, including balanced
line. They show a similar example to what we are doing in the manual.

Ed