Old October 17th 07, 11:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
msg msg is offline

Default Sounds like someone speakiihg through a fan blade

msg wrote:

wrote:

~19:40 UTC on 9.515;

sounds like arabic

At 16:10 CDT I hear what sounds like Chinese at 20db over S9 here in No.
MN.

Identifies as: "WHRI", in SC, USA, on 9515 kHz
now in English at 17:00 CDT

This station has a comprehensive website:
http://www.whri.com
with a search engine that includes fields for language, transmitter
freq, location, etc. I tried a search for 'Arabic' on 'Wednesday',
all other fields "all" and got zilch, however I didn't get anything
for less restrictive searches either so I suspect the site isn't
working quite right (note these are selection boxes rather than
freeform entry fields).

Regards,

Michael