Old October 18th 07, 06:56 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ed G Ed G is offline

Default Question on dipole SWR problem

I think I misunderstood by what you meant by INPUT. The choke goes
between the antenna and the tuner. Generally at the antenna feed
point.

Tam/WB2TT

Tam,

Wouldln't that would be a very bad idea, at least in our particular
case? As I pointed out in the start of this thread, we are feeding the
antenna with about 14' of 600 ohm ladder line from the output of the SGC
antenna coupler. Isn't a choke balan used to prevent the flow of current
in the outer braid of a coax feedline? We certainly wouldn't want to be
choking any RF coming out of the SGC coupler going to the antenna!

Ed