Old October 20th 07, 04:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] nm5k@wt.net is offline

Default New antenna

On Oct 20, 9:55 am, art wrote:

Yes, you to can apply for a patent for yourself regarding an antenna
and for listenning purposes only to boot. But you sir have a problem
or two.
First of all the PTO will not accept anything you "say" verbally which
is
what you are good at. Secondly you have to have faith and
understanding about what you propose. Thirdly you have to put
up front to the PTO and possibly others a substantial amount of money
which instead of pursuing your research you can purchase a
whole new radio set up.
So you do have a choice......put up or shut up

I feel no great need to re-invent an antenna.
I also feel no great need to bribe the patent office to ensure my
success of this re-invention, or to prove my faith or
understanding in top loaded verticals which were around
before I was born.
I have plenty of radios. Don't really need any more.
I do put up antennas quite often though.
So I guess this means I don't need to shut up.
MK