Old October 21st 07, 03:52 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
art art is offline

Default New antenna

On 15 Oct, 12:38, art wrote:
On 14 Oct, 16:55, "Jimmie D" wrote:

"John Smith" wrote in message

art wrote:

Time to mow the grass for the last time and empty the gas tank for the
winter.
Art KB9MZ

Be lazy--just dump a bit of gas stabilizer in! ;-)

JS

And crank it once a month

Jimmie

Finally got the aluminium sheets secured and now I have to find a
microphone
so I can work some low power over the next two weeks.
I am anxious to see if it will duplicale the bottom antenna of a stack
where
the capacitor/antenna bleeds off noise to the ground.
Antenna will stay sitting on the ground until I get a feel of how it
reacts in the coming days of showers.
It is set up as a cloud burner at the moment so I should get some
contacts.
All bands seem to be active so I will put a chair in the yard and play
Maybe even take a photo for the record!
Plenty of harmonics so most bands should be available
Art
Art- Hide quoted text -

With 2 4 foot square alum panels 4 foot apart with circular
polarised 160M antenna in the capacitive field.All bands were S0
with 160M very active with strong signals. Could hear noise
and some static crashes from a distance but none that
affected S meter position. Early days yet but would appear I am
duplicating lower antenna of a stack since the S meter was at
rest when no signal present. Haven't got the rotor connected but
by listening to nets on 160M it strongly suggests it is directive
along the axis of the windings as expected.
Storms this coming week so I should be able to
determine antenna functions better. At present I have minimal
experience on the top band. Have not yet installed jumpers for
other bands nor installed a varometer at the feed point
but still have time before the snow flies
Regards
Art Unwin KB9MZ