Old September 23rd 04, 01:23 PM
Andrew VK3BFA

"NO SPAM" wrote in message n
Well, I know the "Fault" was found in this case... Now, why did it buzz? Do
you really think anything is going to jump out and say - here I am? I doubt
it.
RF with anything in electronics, needs "Experience". THAT keeps you from
wasting lots of time guessing. You get a feel for the problem, a sense of
direction and follow the leads. People who GUESS and waste time doing so,
ARE NOT EXPERIENCED.

Back to the fault, not having it here to visualize, I can't say for certain,
but I'd bet a lack of shielding had a major role in it. The "'triggering"
circuit most likely was being affected, somehow. RF doesn't always have to
make sense. But if you narrow down the parts affected and know that RF was
the cause, then you can work towards a cure to keep it from happening again.

NS

Nah, your talking total crap! - confused by trying to do this by
remote control and getting lost in your own brilliance..... Experience
is the name for seeing the same fault before, a feel for the problem
is making a link to something similar.
But I can guarrantee my method would have werked - why, because I
would have checked it was the socket and not something else attatched
to it that was buzzing. - as the home handyman did - perhaps he is an
experienced electronics engineer like you suggest who called upon his
"experience" or maybe he just looked for the blatantly obvious!
And if a $10 hairdryer is suffering RFI - big deal, dump it in the
bin, or press the reset button. No complex theory involved here sonny.
Have you had 20 years experience, or the same year 20 times
over.......

Andrew VK3BFA