Old October 23rd 07, 12:51 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Owen Duffy Owen Duffy is offline

Default Testing earth stake efficiency

"JERD" wrote in
:

I am wondering if anyone can enlighten me on how to test ones earth
stake efficiency?

The only item I am aware of goes back a real long way and that is the
wind it yourself megga tester!

Any modern ways of doing it these days or does one just hope for the
best!

I assume you are trying to measure the low frequency resistance of the
electrode. The minimum reliable method is known as the three wire fall of
potential method... Google for it.

Galvanised electrodes are less consistenn that copper clad electrodes, so
you may find repeated measurements over time vary more than accounted for
by soil characteristics alone.

Owen