Old September 24th 04, 02:39 AM
Andrew VK3BFA

"NO SPAM" wrote in message erio.net...
"moth ." wrote in message
Just to add to this, I plugged in the toaster, the microwave oven and
several other appliances and the only thing that caused the socket to
buzz when I key the HT is the hair dryer which is on OFF (but not
reset). When I pushed the reset button with the hair dryer still off,
the socket didn't buzz. I would like to understand exactly what
internally in the socket is causing that buzz which is extremely loud.
Does anyone know? Thanks for your responses to my thread.

I defer to the "expert" - can hardly wait to hear the rest of the story. Go
ahead Andrew! Lets hear it........

NS

What the F**** are you raving on about - all I suggested was simple,
basic observational fault finding would be a good place to start - if
you want to make it complicated, then you are not doing this sort of
thing to make a living!
Andrew VK3BFA