Old October 24th 07, 02:59 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jerry Martes Jerry Martes is offline

Default Plotting antenna pattern from Sun noise

"Owen Duffy" wrote in message
"Jerry Martes" wrote in

location and Az-El from your location, in real time. I have never
used the data to point my dish, but, if the data is erroroneous, Id
like to know where is wrong so it can be made better.

Jerry, I have no knowledge of the program you speak of, and cannot comment
on its accuracy.

Owen

Hi Owen

The APTDecoder program is written by Patrik Tast who lives in Finland.
The main reason for anyone using the program is to decode NOAA weather
satellite signals so images of the satellite's view of the Earth, from orbit
can be displayed on computers by amateurs (in real time).
I mentioned the "Flat Earth Monitor" in Patrik's program because it seems
to always be a source of Az-El and Lon-Lat for Sun and Moon position. You
tell the program where you are and the program tells you where to point. I
mentioned the "accuracy" because he is interested in knowing about any
improvements he can make to his program. Patrik does not charge for his
program. He is an amateur, interested in providing good data, and I
consider you to be a good critic.

Jerry