Old October 24th 07, 03:08 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Hal Rosser Hal Rosser is offline

Default my SWR reading

"James Barrett" wrote in message
Hi, I just got my new (used) HF rig, and I strung up a half wave dipole
for 10 meters using 28.4 mhz in my calculations. Several hours later I
am getting an SWR reading of 2:1 at 28.4mhz. Is that pretty good or
should I try to do better?

I appreciate any opinions.

Jim

If you can hear - and be heard and the band is open - then you're ok.
If you can't hear or get heard - raise the antenna and try again.
Good swr does not automatically mean a good antenna.