Old October 24th 07, 04:06 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Tam/WB2TT Tam/WB2TT is offline

Default my SWR reading

"James Barrett" wrote in message

Hi, I just got my new (used) HF rig, and I strung up a half wave dipole
for 10 meters using 28.4 mhz in my calculations. Several hours later I
am getting an SWR reading of 2:1 at 28.4mhz. Is that pretty good or
should I try to do better?

I appreciate any opinions.

Jim

It's probably too long, but check it at 28 & 29 Mhz. If the SWR at 28 is
better, it is too long; if the SWR at 29 is better, it is too short.
Assuming you are using 50 Ohm coax, no reason you can't get it below 1.5:1.

Tam