Old October 24th 07, 05:27 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Owen Duffy Owen Duffy is offline

Default Plotting antenna pattern from Sun noise

"Jerry Martes" wrote in

does not charge for his program. He is an amateur, interested in
providing good data, and I consider you to be a good critic.

Hi Jerry,

That is flattering, but undeserved I am sure.

There are a lot of calculators on the 'net for giving the Sun's position
at a place and time, and they use varying algorithms for more or less
accuracy.

The routines I used in the spreadsheet were unashamedly the work of some
one else, the chap who converted them to VBA and the original NOAA
javascript routines behind their page at
http://www.srrb.noaa.gov/highlights/sunrise/azel.html . I have accepted
they were good enough for my application, and they seemed quite close to
another navigator application that I have.

Owen