Old October 24th 07, 07:27 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Jim Jim is offline

Default DDS VFO with AD9850 / AD9851 and PIC16F877A

Micheal Wrote:

Jim wrote:

The general problem is going to be that WINXP, 2000, Vista, and NT
make it difficult to use the printer port pins directly. Not
impossible, but certainly a problem.

Please see http://www.beyondlogic.org/porttalk/porttalk.htm for the
'allowio
driver' for interrupt-based parallel port access. The 'JWA' logic analyzer
software 'digitrace' uses this on NT-based Windows with good results.

I had problems using allowio for a visual basic program I wrote... I
kept getting a process ID of 0 no matter what I tried.

Also, I believe this does not work for Vista computers. Vista locks down a
lot more of the computer system.

Jim
N6BIU

--