Old October 26th 07, 02:54 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Jay in the Mojave Jay in the Mojave is offline

Default attmosphere condations improving?

Steveo wrote:

Steveo wrote:

Hello Jay

I just fired it up about a half hour ago and San Diego is rolling it
fairly well, talked to two stations out there. I feel bad for those
people with the wildfires burning down their homes out that way.

piggy back my post

The eastern seaboard is hammering me now. wide open

Hello Steveo:

Yeah Where on the west coast where hammered with stations from all over
the country, both from the north and east directions.

The wild fires are a real concerm for many as the fire storms brounght
on by the Sanata Ana Winds burned out too many homes.

I keep an ear on the VHF Murs channels, and a bunch of old mostly unused
VHF business channels, maybe to lazy to program new frequencies, but out
here in the Mojave Desert there arn't too many active frequencies. Every
once and while I will hear someone yep yapping. But hearing fire fighter
traffic all over the bands even on the VHF Low Band channels. Helo's and
spotter fire fighter aircraft fill the airwaves. I have a rell broad
band VHF ground plane antenna, made from coffee cans.

Jay in the Mojave