Old October 27th 07, 03:14 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default How To Question : Reseting the RadioShack DX-392 / Sangean ATS-818CS Radios

On Oct 26, 5:45 pm, kc8slz wrote:
Hello all,
I know this is an old radio and topic,but,it is new to me.
I picked up mint DX-392 not too long ago,and want to eliminate the
muting while tuning around the shortwave bands.I have found several
different ways to do this,but each one requires a reset of the radio
as an end step.This is where the problem is,my DX-392 DOES NOT have a
reset button or switch ( I have disassembled the radio just to make
sure ),however,the boards are marked "Sangean ATS-818CS".
Does any one know how to reset this radio?, and what is the proper mod
to get rid of the muting.
Thank you for your time.
Paul.

Paul [KC8SLZ],

How To Question : Reseting the RadioShack DX-392 Radio
/ Sangean ATS-818CS Radio

1 - Remove the Batteries from the Radio for 24 Hours.

2 - After Step # 1 Above - Place a Wire Jumper 'across' the
Radio's '+' and '-' Battery Input Terminals for 3~5 Minutes.

3 - Remove the Jumper; Install the Batteries and Re-Test
the Radio for operation and function.

FAQs for the Sangean ATS-818ACS Radio {HELP}
http://www.sangean.com/faqreq.php?mo...&submit=Submit
-READ- Question : My Radio Seems To Have A Scrambled Brain
- - - What Can I Do ?

RadioShack DX-392 Radio - Owner's Manual {PDF}
http://support.radioshack.com/suppor...oc62/62173.pdf
-READ- Page # 36 - Reseting the Radio

INFO - RadioShack DX-392 PLL All-Band Portable Receiver
w/Cassette Recorder (RadioShack Catalog # 200-0219)
http://support.radioshack.com/suppor...onics/8180.htm
* Features
* Hints and Tips
* Operation