Old October 27th 07, 05:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore[_2_] Cecil Moore[_2_] is offline

Default my SWR reading

Gene Fuller wrote:
However, I will compare my physics education to yours any day. Which
law(s) of physics do you think I have violated?

"Sloshing" EM waves violates the conservation
of momentum principle.

What reverses the momentum of an EM wave at the
point where it starts "sloshing" around when
there is no physical impedance discontinuity?

In terms of optics, how does light energy just
start "sloshing" around in free space when
there is no change in index of refraction in
the medium?

Given Hecht's equation for a light standing wave
in free space, where are the terms that cause
the "sloshing"?
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com