Old October 28th 07, 10:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Gene Fuller Gene Fuller is offline

Default my SWR reading

Cecil Moore wrote:
Gene Fuller wrote:
That's a good one. I did not know that a transmission line is "free
space".

It doesn't matter what the medium is - EM waves
obey the conservation of momentum principle in
any medium. Your "sloshing" waves violate that
accepted principle of physics. Sorry.

Cecil,

This entire thread is silly beyond belief. In any case, no matter how
irrelevant, there is no problem at all in balancing momentum when there
is lots of stuff around. Momentum is a completely useless concept in
this example.

But I will declare you to be the winner. 8-)

73,
Gene
W4SZ