Old October 28th 07, 08:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Bryan Bryan is offline

Default Need a source for an ACSY connector

Scott Dorsey wrote:
Bryan wrote:
Scott Dorsey wrote:
David Thompson wrote:
The ACSY connector is used in place of the normal 8 pin DIN.

Anyone have a source?

What sort of connector is it? Is it a locking DIN? Is it a locking

DIN
that screws down or just screws in partially?

I corresponded w/ the OP in other NGs and direct. It's a Kenwood TS130S.
The "ACSY" or "REMOTE" (depending on where you're reading) connector is a
circular 7-pin DIN. The "REMOTE VFO" connector is a circular 8-pin DIN
connector (with one pin offset from the generic type). I've seen them
offered for sale for ridiculous prices -- I easily modified generic (and
inexpensive) plugs to fit.

There are actually a couple different 8-pin DIN connectors, just as there
are three different 5-pin DIN connectors. You should be able to get the
less common ones from Connector World Supply if you can actually find the
DIN spec numbers for them and if you do not require locking or Tuchel

types.
--scott

I'm not the OP (original poster) -- I replied w/ info. As he intends to
interface a linear amplifier, he needs a nonlocking 7-pin plug such as:
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...ame=CP-1070-ND.

Bryan WA7PRC