Old October 28th 07, 11:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Need a source for an ACSY connector

David Thompson wrote:
Its a 7 pin ACSY. I have not tried to plug anything into the male plug and
have no experience with a TS-130S. It is the remote connector plug shown on
page 5 of the manual. Don't know what all the locking etc means as no
experience with this type of special Japanese connector at all!

It's a German connector. DIN stands for German Industry Standard. And yes,
I think the connector you want _is_ a standard DIN type, just not a very
common one.

Some of the DIN connectors have a locking collar on them to lock them into
place, and there are several variants of these. One is an actual DIN standard
one is a Tuchel company type, and the other I'm not really sure about. You
clearly don't have any of these, otherwise you'd know it.

A fellow from Avvid tells me the Kenwood part number is E07-0851-05 but a
Kenwood search comes up not found. I sent them an e-mail

What you need is a standard number or a manufacturer's number. If you call
Connector World Supply in Seattle and send them a photo, they may be able to
match it for you. They are good folks at tracking down oddities.
--scott